This Thursday, my book Write A Novel In 10 Minutes A Day will be released!
Today’s Top 10 List is about some of the great advice you’ll find in this book!
1. This book will give you step by step instructions on how to write a novel that you work around your already time-crunched schedule.
2. This book breaks down every single element of a novel: story, plot, genre, characters, setting and three act structure into small, bite sized chunks and helps you sculpt these concepts a little bit at a time.
3. There’s a WHOLE CHAPTER on time management and how to make small adjustments in your day so can find ten minutes here and there to write.
4. This book lists dos and don’ts for the drafting process. The first do? Understand that if you don’t draft, you’re not a writer.
5. This book quotes dozens of familiar books and points out examples of good prose.
6. This book has a thorough checklist for the revision and editing processes.
7. This book lists various apps and software that could be useful to you as you write in 10 minute increments.
8. This book describes publishing options and things to consider when choosing between self pub, indie pub or traditional publishing opportunities.
9. This book mentions other elements of novel writing like dialogue, scene development and characterization. Each chapter has exercises to guide you as you develop them in your own work-in-progress.
10. This book also has a list of writing groups around the world that can encourage you in the pursuit of your dream. The most fun of which is 10 Minute Novelists.
I am very proud of this book and I hope that as you read it, you are encouraged and gain the skills you need to write a novel and pursue your dreams!