This month, my Facebook group, 10 Minute Novelists celebrates one full year of writerly awesomeness! We are pretty proud of how far we’ve come in one short year. If you’re not a part of the group, you should be. If you sign up here, then you can get these 10 awesome things!
1. You get to meet over 900 amazing writers from all over the world. Many of these writers are new to writing. Many have a lot of time restraints like full-time jobs or small children. All of them have this desire: to be a great author despite the restrictions in their life.
2. You get practical tips on craft, blogging, marketing, publishing and publicity. This happens through the feed on the Facebook page but also through three chats a week on Facebook and Twitter. Oh, and we have a mug collection.
3. You can have a badge on your blog that looks like this:
4. You can post your blog every week on our #MondayBlogs thread and get to know us better (and read our blogs too!)
5. You can be inspired every Wednesday when we have our #AuthorHappiness Day! This is when all of us post the victories big and small about our writing. Why do we do this? Because this job can be a lonely and discouraging one. #AuthorHappiness is a great way to remember that we’re not alone in our journey, that the struggle does have it’s moments of victory and that we’re all in this together.
6. You are invited to Vickie Miller’s weekly Facebook chat. She’s an Alaskan writer and mother of a whole bunch of kids. She leads a discussion on the practical side of writing. She’s fabulous!
7. You can enjoy our invisible snack table! (So, we do get kind of silly here.) At every chat we imagine what we would be eating if we were actually in each others’ presence. The silly part is when the “snacks” tie in with what we’re talking about. For example, our chat on great opening lines had beluga caviar and champagne — the most expensive appetizers ever. For a pretend snack table, we go all out. You don’t want to miss it.
8. You can enjoy our weekly Twitter chat. Every Thursday night from 9-10PM EDT (Boston/NewYork time) we meet using this hashtag: #10MinNovelists. Every week, we address issues that are important to writers everywhere. Wanna see what we’re talking about in the coming weeks? Check out the events here.
9. You can follow us on Pinterest!! We have over 50 boards and over 1200 pins all set up to help you be the best writer you can be!
10. AND . . . we have a Goodreads group!! You can’t be a writer without being a reader! Join us there and check out what we’re reading!