| If you’ve been on the internet for very long and have published an email address, you might receive an email like this one. |
“Hello, My name is XXX and I am the Director of Marketing for Pretentious Sounding Literary Award Organization. The Pretentious Sounding Literary Award Organization, sponsored by Just As Pretentious Sounding Parent Company Incorporated, is an awards competition and marketing program that provides you with a global platform to showcase your book to the world. More than just an awards competition, we provide extended support and resources in topics such as publishing, marketing, writing, publicity, and social media. If you are named a Winner or Finalist of this Totally Made Up Award, you will not only receive your award but will also receive helpful courses and tools to ensure your success. The Pretentious Sounding Literary Award is a smart investment on your publishing journey and the benefits will last a lifetime! I wanted to personally invite you to enter this year’s awards competition. Being an author or publisher in today’s day and age is a lot of hard work. It involves writing, editing, distributing, marketing, advertising, sales and more. This takes time and effort, and even if you are doing everything right, it can still be difficult to stand out from the crowd and get your message out there. That’s why the Pretentious Sounding Literary Award was founded. To help authors and publishers increase their credibility, visibility and book sales EASILY…so you have more time to do what you actually love! If you are interested in applying, I would like to share a special promotion with you. Until May 3rd, enter 1 book and get 2 categories for the price of 1. This applies to online applications and provides you with $49 in savings. Apply Now
The final deadline for the contest is June 30th, 2020. To learn more about the awards, visit one of the following links below:
1. Eligibility criteria
2. Category Selection
3. Application Fees
4. Award Prizes
5. Frequently Asked Questions Thanks,
Pretentious Sounding Literary Award”
This is a scam. Do not fall for it. Do not respond. Get off the mailing list as soon as possible. How do I know this is a scam?
1. 2 mistakes in the copy. (Thank you, Grammarly for finding them.)
2. No personal touch. If my book is so excellent, why don’t they name it?
3. “Application fees”. See? They want my money.
4. This came from a source I know NOTHING about. I think my email addy was sold. Anytime anyone wants to “help” you and they want you to PAY, then they are predatory and they want to take advantage of desperate authors. Money always goes TO the author, not away from her. As much as 10 Minute Novelists is around to help time-crunched writers find tips, encouragement and community, we also want to keep all writers knowledgeable about the predators & unscrupulous organizations. This is an example of one. Please be wise and don’t fall for this. (Think you found one and you’re not sure? Ask us on our Facebook group page. Someone will know all about them!)